Le gouvernement d'un état régi par un seul chef, le plus souvent un roi héréditaire.
ETYM French monarchie, Latin monarchia, Greek. Related to Monarch.
1. Undivided rule or absolute sovereignty by a single person.
2. A nation or state having a monarchical government.
3. A government having a hereditary chief of state with life tenure and powers varying from nominal to absolute.
4. An autocracy governed by a monarch who usually inherits the authority.
5. Government by one individual.
Sinonimi: royal family | royal line | royal house
ETYM Old Fren. roialté, royaulté, French royauté. Related to Royal, Regality.
1. Payment to the holder of a patent or copyright or resource for the right to use their property.
2. Royal persons collectively; SYN. royal family, royal line, royal house.
In law, payment to the owner for rights to use or exploit literary or artistic copyrights and patent rights in new inventions of all kinds.
Oil, gas, and other mineral deposits are also subject to royalty payments.