To hit with the hand; SYN. whomp.
1. To hit with something flat, like a paddle or the open hand
2. To put, place, or throw with careless haste or force
3. To assail verbally; insult
4. To subject to a penalty — usually used with with
1. To deliver a blow to, deliver a stroke to.
2. To hit a key or note; also used metaphorically:; SYN. hit.
3. To cause (an arc) to form (as between electrodes of an arc lamp).
4. To indicate a certain time by striking, of clocks.
5. To remove by erasing or crossing out; SYN. expunge, excise.
6. To make an attack against an enemy or a target; SYN. hit.
7. To find unexpectedly:; SYN. come upon, light upon, chance upon, come across, chance on, happen upon, discover.
8. To arrive at or come upon, as of solutions to problems.
9. To stop work in order to press demands; SYN. walk out.