1. Étendue. Espace euclidien.
2. Volume. Espace occupé.
3. Intervalle. Dans l'espace d'un siècle.
5. Lieu. Espace vert.
Sinonimi: musical interval | separation
1. A set containing all points (or all real numbers) between two given endpoints.
2. The difference in pitch between two notes; SYN. musical interval.
3. The distance between things; SYN. separation.
In music, the pitch difference between two notes, expressed in terms of the diatonic scale, for example a fifth, or as a harmonic ratio, 3:2.
Sinonimi: topological space
ETYM Old Eng. space, French espace, from Latin spatium space; cf. Greek span to draw, to tear; perh. akin to Eng. span. Related to Expatiate.
1. The unlimited 3-dimensional expanse in which everything is located.
2. An empty area (usually bounded in some way between things).
3. An area reserved for some particular purpose.
4. (Mathematics) Any set of points that satisfy a set of postulates of some kind; SYN. topological space.
5. One of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff.