1. Procréer. Engendrer un enfant.
2. (Au figuré) Causer. Engendrer des catastrophes.
To make children; SYN. get, engender, father, mother, sire, generate, bring forth.
To call forth; SYN. breed, spawn.
1. To make one's self the father of; to beget.
2. To take as one's own child; to adopt; hence, to assume as one's own work; to acknowledge oneself author of or responsible for (a statement, policy, etc.).
3. To provide with a father.
1. To generate and produce; to reproduce by sexual generation; to engender.
2. Produce young.
To emit spawn, of fish