Sinonimi: footmark | step
Of a satellite, the area of the Earth over which its signals can be received.A mark of a foot or shoe on a surface; a clue that someone was present; SYN. footmark, step.
ETYM Cf. French empreinte impress stamp. Related to Imprint.
1. A device produced by pressure on a surface.
2. A distinctive influence.
3. An impression produced by pressure or printing; SYN. embossment.
ETYM Old Fren. trac track of horses, mules, trace of animals; of Teutonic origin; cf.Dutch trek a drawing, trekken to draw, travel, march, Mid. High Germ. trechen, pret. trach. Related to Trick.
1. Any road or path affording passage especially a rough one; SYN. cart track, cartroad.
2. A groove on a phonograph recording.
3. Any mark left by an animal, especially footprints.
4. A bar or bars of rolled steel making a track along which vehicles can roll; SYN. rail, rails.
5. The act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track; SYN. running.
6. (Computer science) One of the circular magnetic patterns on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data; SYN. data track.