3. (Droit) Titre.
Sinonimi: written document | papers
ETYM Late Lat. documentum, from docere to teach: cf. French document. Related to Docile.
1. A written account of ownership or obligation.
2. Anything serving as a representation of a person's thinking by means of symbolic marks.
3. Writing that provides information (especially information of an official nature); SYN. written document, papers.
Sinonimi: textual matter
ETYM French texte, Latin textus, texture, structure, context, from texere, textum, to weave, construct, compose; cf. Greek tekton carpenter, Skr. taksh to cut, carve, make. Related to Context, Mantle, Pretext, Tissue, Toil a snare.
1. A passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon.
2. The main body of a written work (as distinct from illustrations or footnotes etc.).
3. The words of something written; SYN. textual matter.