2. (Au figuré) Hésiter. Sa volonté chancelle.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: shook, shaken).
1. To move back and forth quickly; SYN. agitate.
2. To bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking.
3. To get rid of; SYN. shake off, throw off, escape from.
4. To undermine or weaken.
1. To astound or overwhelm, as with shock:
2. To astound or overwhelm
3. To walk as if unable to control one's movements; SYN. reel, keel, lurch, swag, careen.
4. To walk with great difficulty; as in snow or mud; SYN. flounder.
5. To place in alternating or irregular order
To move unsteadily, with a rocking motion; SYN. seesaw, totter.
To move without being stable, as if threatening to fall.
To move unsteadily; SYN. coggle.