Espèce de voiture ŕ quatre roues, suspendue et couverte, dont on se servait en ville et ŕ la campagne.
ETYM Old Fren. cariage luggage, carriage, chariage carriage, cart, baggage, French charriage, cartage, wagoning, from Old Fren. carier, charier, French charrier, to cart. Related to Carry.
1. A machine part that carries something else.
2. A wheeled vehicle drawn by horses; SYN. equipage, rig.
3. Characteristic way of bearing one's body; SYN. bearing, posture.
ETYM French coche, from Italian cocchio, dim. of cocca little boat, from Latin concha mussel, mussel shell.
1. A carriage pulled by four horses with one driver; SYN. four-in-hand, coach-and-four.
2. A person who gives private instruction (as in singing or acting); SYN. private instructor, tutor.