1. Chaussure haute.
2. Attaque. Botte d'escrimeur.
3. Gerbe. Botte de foin.
1. An instrument of torture that is used to crush the foot and leg; SYN. iron boot, iron heel.
2. Carries luggage or shopping or tools; SYN. luggage compartment, trunk.
3. Footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg.
ETYM Akin to OSw. and Dan. bunke heap, Icel. bunki heap, pile, bunga tumor, protuberance; cf. W. pwng cluster. Related to Bunk.
(Irregular plural: bunches).
1. A thick grouping of similar things; SYN. clump, cluster.
2. Any collection in its entirety; SYN. lot, caboodle.
ETYM Cf. Dutch klomp lump, German klump, klumpen, Dan. klump, Swed. klump; perh. akin to Latin globus, Eng. globe. Related to Club.
1. An unshaped piece or mass of wood or other substance.
2. A cluster; a group; a thicket.
3. The compressed clay of coal strata.