Indépendant, qui jouit de l'autonomie.
(Physiology) Relating to or controlled by the autonomic nervous system.
ETYM Greek; auto self + nomos law, governance.
1. Existing as an independent entity.
2. Of persons; free from external control and constraint in e.g. action and judgment; SYN. self-directed, self-reliant.
3. Of political bodies; SYN. independent, self-governing, sovereign.
In computing, not connected, so that data cannot be transferred, for example, to a printer. The opposite of on line.
1. In reference to a computing device or a program, unable to communicate with or be controlled by a computer.
2. In reference to one or more computers, being disconnected from a network.
3. Colloquially, a reference to moving a discussion between interested parties to a later, more appropriate, time.
4. (Computer sci) Not connected to a computer network
5. (Transportation) Not on a regular route of a transportation system