1. Attaquer. Assaillir une armée.
2. (Au figuré) Importuner.
3. (Au figuré) Tourmenter. Assaillir de questions.
To attack someone physically or emotionally; SYN. assault, set on, attack.
1. To make an assault upon, as by a sudden rush of armed men.
2. To attack with moral means, or with a view of producing moral effects; to attack by words, arguments, or unfriendly measures.
1. To launch an attack or assault on; begin hostilities with, as in warfare; SYN. assail.
2. To begin to injure.
3. To attack verbally, in speech or writing; SYN. round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault.
4. To take the initiative and go on the offensive; SYN. aggress.
5. To set to work upon; turn one's energies vigorously to a task.
1. To strike against forcefully; SYN. knock about, batter.
2. To strike, beat repeatedly; SYN. buff.
1. To cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile; SYN. bombard.
2. Hurl, throw
3. To beat or dash repeatedly against
4. To deliver a succession of blows or missiles
5. To beat incessantly
6. To move rapidly and vigorously; hurry