Sinonimi: tie beam
ETYM as. tęge, tige, tîge.
1. A cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied.
2. A horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating; SYN. tie beam.
Veza, spojnica, kopča, spojka, kopula.
Relacija, odnos, spoj, kopula.
Sinonimi: railroad tie | crosstie | sleeper
One of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track; SYN. railroad tie, crosstie, sleeper.
Any of the transverse supports to which railroad rails are fastened to keep them in line
Narrow length of fabric worn around the neck, under the collar of a shirt, tied at the front and hanging down over the shirt buttons. It was developed in the 19th century and is considered an essential item for formal menswear.
The tie was derived from a wide band of fabric worn around the neck and folded or draped on the chest by men in the 18th and 19th centuries. Ties also became popular in women’s fashion at the end of the 19th century. Another version of the tie is the bow tie which is mainly worn by men with formal evening wear. It consists of a short length of fabric tied into a bow at the front of the neck.
Prvobitno: vratna marama; mašna, poša (nazvana po Hrvatima od kojih su je za vreme ratova sa Francuzima u XVII veku primili najpre Francuzi a potom i ostali zapadni narodi).
Petlja, zamka; vrsta kratke kravate.
1. To fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; SYN. bind.
2. To form a knot or bow in
3. To make by tying pieces together:
4. To limit or restrict to
5. To finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.; SYN. draw.
6. To unite musical notes by a tie.