ETYM Old Eng. thrum, throm.
1. A thrumming sound.
2. Loose thread or fringe of a garment or cloth.
3. Any of a fringe of warp threads left on the loom after weaving.
Kita, ukrasni detalj na odevnom predmetu.
Kita, resa na zavesama, ćilima, zastorima i sl. (mađ.)
1. To furnish with thrums; fringe
2. To insert short pieces of rope yarn or spun yarn in (a piece of canvas) to make a rough surface or a mat which can be wrapped about rigging to prevent chafing
3. To play or pluck a stringed instrument idly; strum
4. To sound with a monotonous hum