Sinonimi: stroke | cam stroke
1. The act of throwing (propelling something through the air with a rapid movement of the arm and wrist).
2. The distance that something can be thrown.
3. The throwing of an object in order to determine an outcome randomly.
4. The maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam; SYN. stroke, cam stroke.
5. A lightweight cloth covering (an afghan or bedspread) that is casually thrown over something.
6. (Informal) A single chance or instance.
1. Dobacivanje topovskog zrna;
2. Dostignuće uopšte, uspeh.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: threw, thrown).
1. To project through the air.
2. To put into a state or activity hastily, suddenly, or carelessly; throw the car into reverse.
3. To make on a potter's wheel; of pottery.
4. To cause to fall; to cause to fall off; unseat; to get the better of; overcome.
5. To fling (oneself) precipitately; to drive or impel violently; dash.
6. To put in a particular position or condition; to put on or off hastily or carelessly; to bring to bear; exert; build, construct.
7. To form or shape on a potter's wheel.
8. To deliver (a blow) in or as if in boxing.
9. To twist two or more filaments of into a thread or yarn.
10. To make a cast of (dice or a specified number on dice); roll.
11. To give up; abandon.
12. To send forth; project ; also; shed 3c.
13. To make (oneself) dependent; commit (oneself) for help, support, or protection.
15. To perform (as a stunt) successfully.
14. To indulge in; give way to.
16. To bring forth; to give birth to.
17. To lose intentionally.
18. To move (a lever) so as to connect or disconnect parts of a clutch or switch; also; to make or break (a connection) with a lever; to put (an automobile) in a different gear especially quickly or suddenly.
19. To give by way of entertainment.
20. Cast, hurl.