(Irregular preterit, past participle: thought).
1. To be capable of conscious thought.
2. To imagine or visualize.
3. To have or formulate in the mind.
4. To use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments; SYN. cogitate, cerebrate.
5. To ponder; reflect on, or reason about.
6. To decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting.
7. To bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation.
8. To focus one's attention on a certain state.
9. To judge or regard; look upon; judge; SYN. believe, consider, conceive.
10. To expect, believe, or suppose; SYN. suppose, imagine, reckon, guess.
11. To dispose the mind in a certain way.