ETYM as. streám; akin to OFries. strâm, os. strôm, Dutch stroom, German strom, Old High Germ. stroum, strűm, Dan. and Swed. ström, Icel. straumr, Irish sroth, Lith. srove, Russ. struia, Greek rysis a flowing, rein to flow, Skr. sru. Related to Catarrh, Diarrhea, Rheum, Rhythm.
1. A natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth; SYN. watercourse.
2. Dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas; SYN. flow, current.
3. Something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously; SYN. flow.
Manji vodeni tok, manja tekuća voda.
Veći vodeni tok, tekuća voda, voda tekućica.
Pravac tečenja, pravac oticanja tekuće vode.
Sinonimi: well out
1. To exude profusely
2. To flow freely and abundantly; SYN. well out.
3. To extend, wave or float outward, as if in the wind: