ETYM andradic;170. Related to Spell a splinter.
1. A sudden drop from an upright position; SYN. tumble, fall.
2. Liquid that is spilled.
3. The act of allowing a fluid to escape; SYN. spillage, release.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: spilled).
1. To cause a liquid to flow or overflow; SYN. slop, splatter.
2. To cause multiple objects to flow out or over; SYN. shed, disgorge.
3. To flow, run, or fall out, over, or off and become wasted or lost; SYN. run out.
4. To pour in drops; also metaphorically, as in; SYN. shed, pour forth.
5. To run or spill over, as of a liquid.