1. A wide piece of cloth hanging from around the neck to support an injured arm.
2. An instrument for throwing stones that usually consists of a short strap with strings fastened to its ends and is whirled round to discharge its missile by centrifugal force; slingshot
3. A usually looped line (as of strap, chain, or rope) used to hoist, lower, or carry something; especially; a hanging bandage suspended from the neck to support an arm or hand; a chain or rope attached to a lower yard at the middle and passing around a mast near the masthead to support a yard; a chain hooked at the bow and stern of a boat for lowering or hoisting; a device (as a rope net) for enclosing material to be hoisted by a tackle or crane
4. A slinging or hurling of or as if of a missile
Ručna naprava za bacanje kamena.
Konopac, kanap, konop.
Okuka, krivina, zavijutak.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: slung).
1. To cast with a sudden and usually sweeping or swirling motion.
2. To throw with or as if with a sling.
3. To serve (food) to a customer.
4. To place in a sling for hoisting or lowering.
5. To suspend by or as if by a sling.
6. To hurl as if with a sling; SYN. catapult.