ETYM as. sîde; akin to Dutch zijde, German seite, Old High Germ. sîta, Icel. sîtha, Dan. side, Swed. sida.
1. A surface forming part of the outside of an object; SYN. face.
2. A extended outer surface of an object.
3. An aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect).
4. A place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location.
5. A line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure.
6. Either the left or right half of a body (human or animal).
7. An opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute; SYN. position.
8. A lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food; SYN. side of meat.
9. A family line of descent.
10. One of two or more contesting groups (in games or war or politics).
Uzak pojas zemlje uz reku ili more.
Spoljna stran nečega, površ.
Deo lista knjige, stranica.
1. Politička partija.
2. Učesnik u sporu, zainteresovana strana.
1. To take sides with; align oneself with; sympathize with; SYN. root.
2. To take the side of; be on the side of; SYN. go with.