ETYM Latin securus; pref. se- without + cura care. Related to Cure care, and cf. Sure.
1. Free from danger or risk.
2. Free from fear or doubt; easy in mind; SYN. unafraid, untroubled.
3. Not likely to fail or give way.
Krut, tvrd, stabilan.
1. To assure payment of.
2. To relieve from exposure to danger; act to make safe against adverse contingencies
3. To put beyond hazard of losing or of not receiving; guarantee
4. To give pledge of payment to (a creditor) or of (an obligation)
5. To take (a person) into custody; hold fast; pinion; to make fast
6. To get secure usually lasting possession or control of; bring about, effect