1. A growth in strength or number or importance.
2. A movement upward; SYN. rising, ascent, ascension.
3. An increase in cost; SYN. boost, hike.
4. The act of changing location in an upward direction; SYN. ascent, ascension, ascending.
Uspon na putu, padina, nagib (pri uzlasku), put koji se penje uzbrdo.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: rose, risen).
1. To grow in volume, as under the influence of heat or fermentation; of substances.
2. To move upward; SYN. lift, arise, move up, go up, come up.
3. To grow or suddenly appear; SYN. lift, rear.
4. To become heartened or elated.
5. To come up, of celestial bodies; SYN. come up.
6. To increase in value; as of prices or numbers; SYN. climb, go up.
7. To increase in volume; of dough; SYN. prove.
8. To rise in rank or status; SYN. jump, climb up.
9. To straighten up.
10. To exert oneself to meet a challenge.