ETYM French républicain.
1. Having the supreme power lying in the body of citizens entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them or characteristic of such government.
2. Relating to or belonging to the Republican Party.
1. A member of the Republican Party.
2. A tributary of the Kansas River; Also called: Republican River.
An advocate of a republic (usually in opposition to a monarchy).
1. Građanin republike;
2. Pristalica republikanskog oblika vladavine;
3. Član republikanske stranke; suprotno: monarhist(a) (fr.)