1. A (temporary) relief from harm or discomfort; SYN. respite.
2. A warrant granting postponement (usually to postpone the execution of the death sentence).
3. The act of reprieving; postponing or remitting punishment; SYN. respite.
4. Legal temporary suspension of the execution of a sentence of a criminal court. It is usually associated with the death penalty. It is distinct from a pardon (extinguishing the sentence) and commutation (alteration) of a sentence (for example, from death to life imprisonment).
Kratki odmor, pauza.
1. To postpone the punishment of a convicted criminal, such as an execution; SYN. respite.
2. To relieve temporarily.