ETYM French, from Latin quaestio, from quaerere, quaesitum, to seek for, ask, inquire. Related to Quest.
1. A sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply; SYN. interrogation, interrogative, interrogative sentence.
2. An instance of questioning; SYN. inquiry, enquiry, query.
3. The subject matter at issue; SYN. head.
4. An informal reference to a marriage proposal.
Provera znanja, ispit.
1. To call into question; challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of; SYN. oppugn.
2. To pose a question; SYN. query.