ETYM Old Fren. plege, pleige, pledge, guaranty, Late Lat. plegium, plivium; akin to Old Fren. plevir to bail, guaranty, perhaps from Latin praebere to proffer, offer (sc. fidem a trust, a promise of security), but cf. also Eng. play. Related to Prebend, Replevin.
1. A deposit of personal property as security for a debt.
2. A drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event; SYN. toast.
3. Someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group.
Data reč da će se nešto ispuniti.
Ono što je založeno.
Kraći govor uz čašu u nečiju čast.
1. To bind or secure by a pledge.
2. To give as a guarantee
3. To promise solemnly and formally; SYN. plight.