ETYM French partition, Latin partitio. Related to Part.
A vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another); SYN. divider.
Division of a country into two or more nations. Ireland was divided into Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic under the Government of Ireland Act 1920. The division of the Indian subcontinent into India and Pakistan took place in 1947. Other examples of partition include Korea 1953 and Vietnam 1954.
Deljenje, deoba, podela; log. deljenje jednog pojma prema njegovoj sadržini, npr. drvo = koren + stablo + kruna. (lat.)
(Computer science) The part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit.
1. A logically distinct portion of memory or a storage device that functions as though it were a physically separate unit.
2. In database programming, a subset of a database table or file.
1. Segment čvrstog diska koji je odvojen za određeni operativni sistem.
2. Podela čvrsto diska na ovakve delove.
1. To divide into parts, pieces, or sections; SYN. partition off.
2. To separate or apportion into sections; SYN. subdivide, zone.