1. Of greater importance or stature or rank
2. Of greater seriousness or danger
3. Greater in number or size or amount
4. Greater in scope or effect
5. Of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes
6. (Music) Of a scale or mode
7. (Law) Of full legal age
8. (British) Of the elder of two boys with the same family name
ETYM French major. Related to Major.
1. A commissioned military officer in the us Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain.
2. A field of study at college or university.
Početni čin višeg oficira, komandant bataljona ili baterije; upravnik, nadzornik imanja; mažor. (lat.)
To have as one's principal field of study
Usavršavati se (u grani neke nauke, zanata i dr.), stručno izučavati.