1. Primarily spatial sense; of relatively great or greater than average spatial extension or extension as specified
2. Primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified
3. Of relatively great height
4. Involving substantial risk
5. Having or being more than normal or necessary
6. (Prosody) Used of syllables that are unaccented or of relatively long duration.
7. (Phonetics) Of speech sounds (especially vowels) of relatively long duration (as e.g. the English vowel sounds in 'bate', 'beat', 'bite', 'boat', 'boot').
8. (Of memory) Having greater than average range; SYN. tenacious.
9. (Finance) Holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices
Nije kratak, dugačak.
ETYM as. lance.
1. For an extended distance.
2. For an extended time or at a distant time.
Pre mnogo vremena.
To have a yen for; SYN. ache, yearn, yen, pine, languish.