ETYM Akin to Dutch lek leaky, a leak, German leck, Icel. lekr leaky, Dan. laek leaky, a leak, Swed. läck; cf. as. hlec full of cracks or leaky. Related to Leak.
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. Unauthorized (esp. deliberate) disclosure of confidential information.
3. Soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi.
4. (Slang) A euphemism for urination; SYN. wetting, making water, passing water.
1. To have an opening that allows light or substances to enter or go out.
2. To ooze out slowly from a container.
3. To tell anonymously.
4. To be divulged in a slow and secretive manner; SYN. leak out.