(Irregular preterit, past participle: knew, known).
1. To know the nature or character of.
2. To have fixed in the mind.
3. To perceive as familiar.
4. To be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object.
5. To have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; SYN. experience, live.
6. To know how to do or perform something.
7. To be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about; SYN. cognize.
8. To be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt.
9. To be able to distinguish or recognize as being different.