1. An upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling); SYN. heaving.
2. Throwing something heavy (with great effort); SYN. heaving.
3. The act of lifting something with great effort; SYN. heaving.
4. (Geology) A horizontal dislocation.
1. To bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat; SYN. buckle, warp.
2. To lift with difficulty; SYN. heave up, heft, heft up.
3. To nautical: to move or cause to move in a specified way, direction, or position.
4. To throw with great effort.
5. To utter a sound, as with obvious effort.
6. (Slang) To throw up; to vomit.