(Grammar) Of a word in a phrase; the word playing the same grammatical role in the sentence that the phrase itself plays
ETYM Old Eng. hed, heved, heaved, as. heáfod.
1. The top of the body; the portion of the body containing the brain and showing the face.
2. The top of something.
3. An individual person.
4. The length or height based on the size of a human or animal head.
5. A rounded compact mass.
6. The striking part of a tool.
7. A part that projects out from the rest;.
8. The front of a military formation or procession.
9. A person who is in charge; SYN. chief, top dog.
10. (Linguistics) The word in a constituent that plays the same grammatical role as the whole; SYN. head word.
11. A single domestic animal.
12. (Usually plural) An obverse side of a coin that bears the representation of a person's head.
13. The tip of an abscess (where the pus accumulates).
14. The pressure exerted by a fluid.
15. A toilet on board a boat of ship.
16. (Informal) A user of (usually soft) drugs.
17. The foam or froth that accumulates at the top when one pours an effervescent liquid into a container.
Pamet, intelekt, razum.
Vrhunac, najviši deo planine.
1. The read/write mechanism in a disk or tape drive. It converts changes in the magnetic field of the material on the disk or tape surface to changing electrical signals and vice versa. Disk drives usually contain one head for each surface that can be read from and written to.
2. In relation to software or documents, the top or beginning of something.
3. In HTML, a section of coding that precedes the body of a document and is used to describe the document itself (title, author, and so on) rather than the elements within the document.
Deo disk jedinice koji čita i upisuje podatke na disk koji se okreće. Za one koji su dovoljno stari da još pame šta su to bili gramofoni, glave podsećaju na gramofonske igle. Glava je pričvršćena na ruku koja je nosi.
1. To be in charge of; SYN. lead.
2. To be in the front of or on top of.
3. To be the first or leading member of (a group); SYN. head up.
4. To go or travel towards:
Određivati pravac kretanja, upravljati kretanjem čega.