(Irregular preterit, past participle: grew, grown).
1. To become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain.
2. To increase in size by natural process; of living matter, such as plants and animals.
3. To cause to grow or develop.
4. To come to have, of physical features and attributes; The patient developed abdominal pain; SYN. develop, produce, get, acquire.
5. To cultivate by growing; often involves improvements by means of agricultural techniques; SYN. raise, farm, produce.
6. To become attached by or as if by the process of growth.