ETYM Cf. Prov. Eng. flip nimble, flippant, also, a slight blow. Related to Flippant.
1. An acrobatic jumb in which the acrobat somersaults in the air before landing.
2. Hot or cold alcoholic drink containing beaten egg.
3. The act of flipping a coin; SYN. toss.
1. To toss with a sharp movement so as to cause to turn over in the air; SYN. twitch.
2. To cause to move with a flick; SYN. flick.
3. To throw or toss with a light motion; SYN. toss, sky, pitch.
4. To toss a coin in the air to see upon which side it lands; SYN. toss.
5. To turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse; SYN. flip over, turn over.