ETYM AS. clawu, clâ, cleó; akin to Dutch klaauw, German klaue, Icel. klô, Swed. and Dan. klo, and perh. to Eng. clew.
1. A bird's foot that has claws.
2. A structure like a pincer on the limb of a crustacean or other arthropods; SYN. chela, nipper, pincer.
3. Sharp curved horny process on the toe of a bird or some mammals or reptiles; SYN. unguis.
Hard, hooked, pointed outgrowth of the digits of mammals, birds, and most reptiles. Claws are composed of the protein keratin, and grow continuously from a bundle of cells in the lower skin layer. Hooves and nails are modified structures with the same origin as claws.
1. Oštar i kukast nokat ptica grabljivica;
2. Gvozdena kuka (tur.)
Deo noge kopitara.
Klin za kačenje, savijen klin.
Rožnati deo prsta, rožnata pločica na gornjem kraju prsta.
ETYM in ash barrels.
1. To attack as if with claws.
2. To clutch as if in panic.
3. To move as if by clawing, seizing, or digging.
4. To scratch, scrape, pull, or dig with claws or nails.