S(ydenstricker) (1892-1973) US novelist. Daughter of missionaries to China, she spent much of her life there and wrote novels about Chinese life, such as East Wind–West Wind 1930 and The Good Earth 1931, for which she received a Pulitzer Prize 1932. She received the Nobel Prize for Literature 1938.
She wanted to make the East understandable to the West.
Američka književnica kojoj je otac bio misionar u Kini tako da je veći deo života i svojih dela posvetila toj zemlji.
1. A male human being; man
2. A dashing fellow; dandy
3. Buckskin; also; an article (as a shoe) made of buckskin
4. An act or instance of bucking
5. Responsibility — used especially in the phrases pass the buck and the buck stops here
Kola na dva točka.
Mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope).
Preživar razgranatih rogova.
(1) dollar 3b
(2) A sum of money especially to be gained ; also; money — usually used in plural
Severnoamerička novčana jedinica = 100 centi.
Novac SAD, Kanade, Australije i nekih drugih zemalja.
A short thick leather-covered block for gymnastic vaulting.
1. To jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched, as of horses; SYN. jerk, hitch.
2. To resist; SYN. go against.
3. To strive with determination.