1. A supporting half hoop; a hinged bar for holding paper against the platen of a typewriter
2. A usually arched handle (as of a kettle or pail)
3. chiefly British; a device for confining or separating animals
Sinonimi: bail bond | bond
(Criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial; SYN. bail bond, bond.
A security, bonds, or money deposited with the court to obtain the temporary release of an arrested person, on the assurance that the person will obey the court, as by attending a legal proceeding at a stated time and place. If the person does not attend, the bail may be forfeited.
While the US Constitution nominally guarantees individuals right to reasonable bail, in effect availability of bail and amounts of security necessary to secure bail are set by judges, based on judges' evaluations of the likelihood that a defendant will appear, or likelihood of further criminal acts or danger to the public, on the severity of the charge, and on the economic standing of the accused.
Kaucija (novčana) koja se polaže kao jemstvo za puštanje okrivljenog iz istražnog zatvora.
A container used to remove water from a boat.
Lopatica za izbacivanje vode iz čamca, puljarka, šešula.
ETYM Old Fren. bailler to give, to deliver, from Latin bajulare to bear a burden, keep in custody, from bajulus he who bears burdens.
1. To deliver something in trust to somebody for a special purpose and for a limited period.
2. To remove water from a boat using a scoop or a bucket.
Barrier or pole separating horses in an open stable.