1. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant; SYN. infant, infantile.
2. (Of crops) Harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity; SYN. new, young.
ETYM Dim. of babe.
1. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; SYN. babe, infant.
2. A very young mammal.
3. The youngest member of a group (not necessarily young).
4. A project of personal concern to someone.
5. (Slang) Sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women; SYN. sister.
1. To treat like a young child; to keep dependent.
2. To provide for all the needs and desires of a person.