1. To take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; SYN. presume, take for granted.
2. To take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; SYN. adopt, take on, take over.
3. To take control of; take as one's right or possession; SYN. usurp, take over, arrogate.
4. To take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; SYN. acquire, adopt, take on, take.
5. To occupy or take on, as of a position or posture; SYN. take, take up.
6. In Christianity: take up someone's soul into heaven
Praviti se onim što nije, izdavati se za što, pretstavljati se; podražavati koga; zabušavati. (lat.)