ETYM Old Fren. alien, Latin alienus, from alius another; properly, therefore, belonging to another. Related to Else.
1. Being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world; SYN. exotic, strange.
2. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something; SYN. foreign.
1. A person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
2. Anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
3. A form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere