1. To choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; SYN. follow, espouse.
2. To take a child into one's family; SYN. take in.
3. To take up and practice as one's own; SYN. borrow, take over, take up.
4. Take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own
5. Put into dramatic form
6. Take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
7. Take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities
Uzeti pod svoje, usvojiti, potsvojiti; priznati za svoje, prisvojiti.