1. Of or relating to Vietnam
2. Of or relating to or characteristic of the people of Vietnam
3. Of or relating to the Vietnamese language
1. A native or inhabitant of Vietnam; Also called: Annamese.
2. The Mon-Khmer language spoken in Vietnam; Also called: Annamese, Annamite.
Member of the majority group (90%) of peoples inhabiting Vietnam and referring to their language and culture, which is also called Annamese. Although Annamese is an independent language, it has been influenced by Chinese and there are Khmer loan words.