1. Line formed by joining two pieces, as in sewing.
2. The space between adjacent planks or strakes of a ship.
3. A line, groove, or ridge formed by the abutment of edges; a thin layer or stratum (as of rock) between distinctive layers; also; a bed of valuable mineral and especially coal irrespective of thickness; a line left by a cut or wound; also; wrinkle.
4. A weak or vulnerable area or gap.
Porub, obrub, prošiv.
A stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit; SYN. bed.
1. To join with a seam.
2. To put together with a seam.