1. The act of bearing the weight of or strengthening; SYN. supporting.
2. Something that holds up or provides a foundation.
3. Something providing immaterial support or assistance to a person or cause or interest.
4. Any device that bears the weight of another thing.
5. Aiding the cause or policy or interests of.
6. Financial resources provided to make some project possible; SYN. financial support, funding, backing, financial backing.
7. The activity of providing for or maintaining by supplying with money or necessities.
8. The financial means whereby one lives; SYN. keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance.
9. A military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission; SYN. reinforcement, reenforcement.
die Gesamtzahl der gleichzeitig hergestellten Exemplare eines Druckwerks (Buch, Broschüre, Ztschr., Ztg. u. ä.).
1. To provide support for; to hold up; SYN. hold, hold up, shore up, underpin.
2. To support; of morale, theories, etc.; SYN. bolster, bolster up.
3. To support financially in an enterprise; SYN. see through.
4. To be supportive of; SYN. back up.
5. To play a subordinate role to (another performer).