1. Independent; not united or joint
2. Individual and distinct; SYN. single.
3. Separated according to race, sex, class, or religion
1. To make a division or separation; SYN. divide.
2. To act as a barrier between; stand between:; SYN. divide.
3. To come apart; SYN. divide, part.
4. To divide into components or constituents
5. To discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; SYN. part, split up, split, break, break up.
6. To force, take, or pull apart; SYN. disunite, divide, part.
7. To go one's own away; move apart; SYN. part, split.