ETYM Old Eng. hous, hus, as. hus.
1. A dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families.
2. A building in which something is sheltered or located.
3. An official assembly having legislative powers.
4. Aristocratic family line.
5. Play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults.
6. The audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema.
7. The members of a religious community living together.
Sinonimi: put up
1. To contain or cover
2. To provide housing for; SYN. put up.