ETYM Old Eng. deske, the same word as dish, disk. Related to Dish, Disk.
A piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments.
1. A table, frame, or case with a sloping or horizontal surface especially for writing and reading and often with drawers, compartments, and pigeonholes.
2. A reading table or lectern from which a liturgical service is read.
3. A table, counter, stand, or booth at which a person works.
4. A division of an organization specializing in a particular phase of activity.
5. A seating position according to rank in an orchestra.
muški rod, ptica