1. A word formed by joining two others (e.g., 'smog' is a blend of 'smoke' and 'fog'); SYN. portmanteau word, portmanteau.
2. An occurrence of thorough mixing.
3. The act of blending components together thoroughly; SYN. blending.
A photo or graphic created with a software blending process.
ETYM AS. blendan, from blind blind. Related to Blind.
In illustration and other graphics software, to create a new combined graphic from two or more separate graphic elements. Photos, art, colors, shapes, and text may be blended together digitally. Graphic elements may be blended for artistic effect, or may be realistic enough to appear as a single photo or graphic.
1. To blend or harmonize; SYN. go, blend in.
2. To combine into one; SYN. intermix, immingle, intermingle.
3. To mix together different elements; SYN. mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge.