ETYM as. scor twenty, from sceran, scieran, to shear, cut, divide; or rather the kindred Icel. skor incision, twenty, akin to Dan. skure a notch, Swed. skara. Related to Shear.
1. A number that expresses the accomplishment of a team or an individual in a game or contest.
2. The act of scoring in a game or sport.
3. The facts about an actual situation.
4. A set of twenty members.
5. A notch that is made to keep a tally.
6. Grounds or rationale; SYN. account.
7. An amount due (as at a restaurant or bar).
Sinonimi: musical score
The orderly presentation of a musical composition in manuscript or printed form. A full score is a large-format conductor’s score, a short score is condensed into fewer staves, a piano score is a reduction to two staves for a pianist-conductor, with remaining essentials in abbreviated form, and a miniature or study score is a full score photo-reduced to pocketbook size.
A written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages; SYN. musical score.
1. To gain points; SYN. hit, tally, rack up.
2. To get a certain score
3. To make small marks into the surface of; SYN. nock, mark.
4. To make underscoring marks; SYN. mark.
5. To write a musical score for.
1. Graver. Marquer au fer rouge.
3. Souligner. Marquer une date.
5. Exprimer. Marquer un doute.
6. (Intrans.) Faire date. Un événement qui marque.
7. (Intrans.) Paraître. Il marque mal.