1. Umetanje; up. interkalacija;
2. med. Začepljenje krvnog suda embolom.
ETYM Latin embolismus, from Greek, to throw or put in, insert; French embolisme. Related to Emblem.
1. An insertion into a calendar; SYN. intercalation.
2. Occlusion of a blood vessel by an embolus (a loose clot or air bubble or other particle).
3. Medicine, obstruction of vessel by clot, etc.; insertion of intercalary day(s), month, etc.
Blockage of a blood vessel by an obstruction called an embolus (usually a blood clot, fat particle, or bubble of air).